Tuesday, March 31, 2020

I've been giving online lessons and living in isolation for seven days.  Today we continued the book topic: risks.  Some activities aren't as risky as we think, and in certain situations, we should trust the guide which speaks from inside.

After the break (we all need breaks), I had them read a New York Times article from five years ago about how society needs more awe because experiments show it makes people more generous.  They said we should give ourselves time to be wowed by everyday events in nature and human behavior, seeking awe in a variety of forms to complement the occasional jaw-dropping pushing-the-limits kind.  I would also add that more overall awe would be experienced by humans, a benefit in and of itself for intelligent existence.

I know I can write a book about taking risks for the reward of awe which enhances the greater good of material society and living spiritual imagination.  I must enthusiastically embark on an adventure into infinity's creativity, the risk an investment of time and the perfection of how it has appeared in my mind, giving the ideal permission to become real as a story takes the stage of the first page.

No comments:

Post a Comment