Friday, March 20, 2015

I encourage evolving empathy with enthusiasm expressing ecstatic energy

Spring!

I am happy that the date means it's warm outside, but the day of the year doesn't determine everything.  I say this because we are having the beautiful kind of storm that dresses the world in white, even though the calendar says we should be experiencing something warmer.

Weather may do as it pleases, but we all still have to find ways to please us.  I am going to a party tomorrow, and besides that, I am putting my world in a more orderly state.  However things go, this weekend will be hard-pressed to compete with the one before.  I think all I need to say is that I got to watch Hiromi play the piano keys with a style that puts the soul at ease.  She even covered Miles!  She made me very happy and wear a smile for an incredibly long while.

Of course, forty hours of standing and speaking and listening and teaching and learning and improvising and energizing leaves a certain amount of time for writing and eating and sleeping and putting on heavenly music to remind you why you go through all that you do, so you don't always remember in the moment that you are incredibly blessed to be doing anything that you receive as the present.  Luckily, with practice, enthusiasm, and patience, a brain turns on a heart and we see the beauty that is the world, a work of art


No comments:

Post a Comment