Monday, March 9, 2015

Today is still international women’s day.  I love women.  I know I'm not the first to say that, but it's still true.  I love all of the women in my life.  I love the first woman who brought me into the world and kept me alive and taught me how to live well by being good to people and taking care of myself, studying and being kind.  I love the next woman, my sister, who taught me some of the same, but also taught me about bravery, creativity, tolerance of many things that appear to be strange but are completely fine, and expressing one’s self, especially the unique talents.  I love my grandmothers for raising the children who raised me, and for the love they sent and send directly to me.  I love my aunts, who have lived very different lives and sent me their warm love in many ways.  I love my cousins, and also uncles and grandfathers, but it's not their day to be international.  I love and am thankful for all the girls and women who have made me smile and given me the chance to make them smile, and sometimes even excited my heart, making more understanding of why we're here

Anyway, I'm going to go to work and be around many people who are, when taken from their natural habitat and put in seats next to each other in a room where I happen to be standing, perfectly international.  All you have to do to be that too is to go what they went through, which is to explore beyond a border or a few

Good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment