Thursday, July 4, 2013

Dream

Today is Independence Day.

To commemorate the poetic significance of this day, I walked downstairs, out into the world, and then got into the driver's seat of the car with the steering wheel in front of me.

Then I called my mother, who gave me life.  She also gave me the keys to her car and signed it over to me.  We talked for a long time.  It was great.

Then I had to use the bathroom, because I need to pee from time to time, and we had talked a while.  I'm glad people invented bathrooms.  I depend on them.

Perhaps we should rename it "In Dependence Day".

Who doesn't depend on their dreams?

Then I called my father, who gave me life.  He taught me about the car and gave me a canoe to put on top so I could meet people more easily wherever I went.  A "conversation starter" they call it.

I asked him what advice he has for the younger generations as he enters his 60s tomorrow.

He said, "I feel like I am the luckiest man in the world.  I envy no man."

Some call that the 'American Dream,' and then call it a day.

America's dream has given me the dream of seeing where America came from, the entire expanse of this beautiful blue-green life sphere.  I realize the word "America", although beautiful, is becoming less necessary.

Let US say it is "The Dream".

I wish the best of LIFE to you in your dream.

Perhaps I can help you...

No comments:

Post a Comment