Thursday, July 25, 2013

Grand People

When I was new in the world, I thought that my grandfather was the greatest and grandest human on the planet.  He loved people, worked hard with his body and mind, told stories, had wonderful love and family and friends, spontaneously broke into song, and was always open, kind, helpful, warm and hard-working on behalf of just about everyone he met.  He also had a temper, a sense of humor and a sense of rebelliousness that sometimes got him into trouble, but mostly when he was younger.  He was one tough guy.

My grandmother loved all of us, and was loved in return.  She was very intelligent, loved teaching others, and had an amazing ability to put herself in other people's shoes so the world could understand and enjoy itself more.  She worked hard breaking barriers and spreading the news to help everyone's journey improve, and encouraged all of those who learned from her to do so too.  She suffered pain, but that healed, and it brought her to her husband.  They enjoyed life and shared it with each other for over sixty years.


I am thinking about luck I enjoy from life, work I can do for the best ways to be, and love the world gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment